Re: [opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
Felix Miata wrote:
Whenever I try to print for the first time in a new app or new user, nothing
happens if I don't remember to go into the app's paper setup and select the
proper paper. It seems this is because I own no A4 paper nor A4 paper trays,
yet the system defaults to A4 paper
In YaST2 printer, after waiting eternally for repo data I didn't ask for to
download, I

There's someplace you can tell it not to refresh. I usually just launch
YaST and go have a Monster or Jolt.
select printer options for my only printer, and driver options
default paper in your printer is grayed out and set to A4. How do I change
the global default to letter? What mysterious file is set to A4? How do I
eradicate the possibility of using A4 paper?

I did it per printer in Geeko > Configure Desktop > Peripherals > Printers

For each printer I set the default paper size to Letter. (I currently
have ten printers loaded on my laptop and two on each of my desktops.)

Is it even possible to acquire
A4 paper in the USA?

Good question.

--