[opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:42:14 -0500
Whenever I try to print for the first time in a new app or new user, nothing
happens if I don't remember to go into the app's paper setup and select the
proper paper. It seems this is because I own no A4 paper nor A4 paper trays,
yet the system defaults to A4 paper.

In YaST2 printer, after waiting eternally for repo data I didn't ask for to
download, I select printer options for my only printer, and driver options
default paper in your printer is grayed out and set to A4. How do I change
the global default to letter? What mysterious file is set to A4? How do I
eradicate the possibility of using A4 paper? Is it even possible to acquire
A4 paper in the USA?
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/