[opensuse] EXT3 Zero Length Partition
  • From: Steven <jaguar11735@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:16:16 -0500
Hey everyone,
I had some partitioning issues this weekend (goal was to shrink XP and
expand Vista partitions). Long story short, the windows tool
'fixboot' decided to use my linux root partition as the boot
partition, thus corrupting the file system. When trying to boot into
OpenSuse 11.1 64bit now, it goes into the recovery mode. When trying
to run 'fsck' I get this error:

"Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while
trying to open /dev/sda3. Could this be a zero-length partition?"

The files on the partition seem to be fine, as I can see them and
browse around while in the recovery mode, I just need to find a way to
fix the filesystem.

Thanks,
Steve