Re: [opensuse] off-list messages
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:14:02 +1100
Kai Ponte wrote:
Amedee Van Gasse fired up the Etch-A-Sketch and carefully scrawled:

Kai Ponte schreef:

I've complained about the slowness in loading messages with large
attachments in Thunderbird since I switched from KMail a few months
back. However, I never associated it with the reply to list plugin.

I have both that plugin and the keyconfig plugin so I can either hit a
button to reply to list or press L on my keyboard.

I find the config change more elegant than a plugin.
Config change = one variable from false to true = 1 byte changed
Plugin = several kilobytes.

??

How is that to do with off-list messages?

You don't appear to have been following the thread. A question was
raised about how to stop replies going to the list AND to the OP (eg) -
the latter being the "off-list" messages. I suggested that if one is
using T-Bird then there is a line in the Config file which can be
altered but because I couldn't find the exact details Ken provided the
exact details. Then Graham came in with the info that there is a plugin
which will do same -- and it would appear that it is this plugin that
you may be using and which causes hassles when 'largish' files are
attached to an e-mail.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the