Re: [opensuse] 11.1 -- DNS not working, IPv6 is disabled???
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:34:05 -0700

It may be that the second dhcp server (not the client fault) does not supply
the data for the DNS server to use.

no, the DHCP server at this site does supply the data ... it is
working for my SLED 10 laptop, and for every vista/winxp device in the
building. Only the 11.1 is not getting updated values ... weird, but
at least able to work for now.
Peter,

most likely is the bug I reported when opensuse 11.1 was releases. It
drove me nuts!. Many users reported similar problems and all the bugs
were transfer to the site I gave you in the previous message. As I said
install glibc, enable ipv6 and delete the manual entries into
resolv.conf and reboot and see if it works. I have not had any problems
since.

-=terry=-