Re: [opensuse] 11.1 -- DNS not working, IPv6 is disabled???
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:50:45 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2009-01-26 at 13:34 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:

OK, I got it working, but I don't think the underlying problem is
fixed. The resolv.conf file had DNS search and server values that were
from another site. I manually changed them, and now resolution is
working. But the question is, why did the dhcp client not update the
file? The top of resolv.conf said: "updated by dhcpcd" -- so clearly
it worked at the last site, but then just would not work here. Weird.

It may be that the second dhcp server (not the client fault) does not supply the data for the DNS server to use.

Thank you Carlos, for providing the clue!

Welcome.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.