Re: [opensuse] 11.1 -- DNS not working, IPv6 is disabled???
  • From: Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:34:37 -0600

On Monday, 2009-01-26 at 13:07 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:

So it is. The output of that program will give me some clue of what is
happening at your side.

"connection timed out, no servers could be reached"

cat /etc/resolv.conf

ifconfig

OK, I got it working, but I don't think the underlying problem is
fixed. The resolv.conf file had DNS search and server values that were
from another site. I manually changed them, and now resolution is
working. But the question is, why did the dhcp client not update the
file? The top of resolv.conf said: "updated by dhcpcd" -- so clearly
it worked at the last site, but then just would not work here. Weird.

Thank you Carlos, for providing the clue!

Peter