Re: [opensuse] 11.1 -- DNS not working, IPv6 is disabled???
  • From: Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:18:23 -0600
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So it is. The output of that program will give me some clue of what is
happening at your side.

"connection timed out, no servers could be reached"

an interesting bit: if I do host -v www.novell.com then I get the message above.

However, if I use only an unqualifed hostname, then it replies with:

"trying hostname.domain.com" where the domain.com that it fills in, is
NOT what is configured via DHCP, and is NOT correct for the network
the machine is connected to. Where is it getting that info, and where
can I tell it to stop?