[opensuse] Bug #430284: Installation hangs after "loading basic drivers"
  • From: Raimund Dold <raimunddold@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:35:06 +0100
Hi,

I tried to install 11.1 on my computer which currently runs 10.3. Every
installation attempt so far hangs at "loading basic drivers". I searched the
bug db and found bug #430284 which describes the problem quite well. I do not
have a Laptop but despite this the hw description seems to fit to my computer
quite well (HP, AMD64).

I can add only a little additional information which is that after ctrl-alt-f4
the last entry on my computer is
Net: registered protocol family 17

And after hitting ctrl-alt-del I see the following output
md: stopping all md devices

A lot more seems to follow, but it is to fast to read it.

Can anyone help?

Raimund

P.S.: I found that the bug db of opensuse is rather a poor user experience. I
needed to use the search functionality to find it and got linked to some
Novell login which pointed me to a my Novell account page.