Re: [opensuse] dual boot issues
  • From: Dave <diacobel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:30:01 -0800 (PST)
Success!

The boot sector was reported as corrupted by the Windows 7 repair utilities.
Windows 7 repaired the boot sector and rebooted. I expected to go right back
into windows after the reboot but instead got a pleasant surprise and was back
at the grub boot menu. I selected Windows, grub took me to the Windows
partition, and Windows booted without problems. I am now back in SUSE via grub
and would like to thank everyone for all of their assistance. With the
assistance of this mailing list I have been able to resolve every issue that
came up in 11.1 and now have a system that is the best available anywhere.

Since the Windows 7 boot sector was corrupted during the install of grub should
I report this as a bug? After installing Win7 I was able to boot successfully
into Win7 until I installed grub.

Thanks again,

Dave