Re: [opensuse] grub and the march of the penguins
  • From: Amedee Van Gasse <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:04:51 +0100
Jos van Kan schreef:
Amedee Van Gasse schreef:
Doug McGarrett schreef:

The things you learn here! I haven't rebooted this machine since I
installed
this edition of Linux, AFAIK, so I've never even seen this "Easter egg"!
The Mrs told me to shut down the pc every night, and I do as I'm told. ;-)

If you put it to sleep instead of powering down it resumes the session after
powering up, so in that way you have one long session of uptime, even if you
shut down the PC each night. It also saves you time, since a resume costs less
time than a fresh reboot.
Reboot is necessary only after a kernel upgrade.

Don't you go arguing with the Mrs!!!
;-)