Re: [opensuse] Desktop icons in gnome disappeared, openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Jay Mistry <jaylinux53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:52:49 +0530

On Monday, 2009-01-26 at 17:55 +0530, Jay Mistry wrote:

I use gnome as the default desktop envt in openSUSE 11.1. I was trying
to make some changes & add a shortcut to the desktop, also trying to
restore a missing 'My Computer' icon using GNOME Configuration Editor
(gconf-editor), when it suddenly crashed, and all desktop icons
disappeared.

Any way I can restore them? Is there a gnome settings backup (similar
to how some system files, such as xorg.conf are backed-up) ?

Nautilus crashed. Just restart it (alt-f2, type "nautilus", enter.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

That did not work. Is there a backup config file that can be restored
from? Clicking on Nautilus shortcut in panel also does not bring about
Nautilus.

Also, there are no desktop icons & right-clicking on the desktop dows
not result in anything. (no menu)

Jay
==