[opensuse] Desktop icons in gnome disappeared, openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Jay Mistry <jaylinux53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:55:13 +0530
I use gnome as the default desktop envt in openSUSE 11.1. I was trying
to make some changes & add a shortcut to the desktop, also trying to
restore a missing 'My Computer' icon using GNOME Configuration Editor
(gconf-editor), when it suddenly crashed, and all desktop icons
disappeared.

Any way I can restore them? Is there a gnome settings backup (similar
to how some system files, such as xorg.conf are backed-up) ?

Thanks,

Jay