Re: [opensuse] Update notification/install with default Suse Window manager
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:24:20 +0200

Dave Feustel wrote:

Well, I have removed both the kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 and rebooted. After
a reboot and login I have the default Suse window manager. There seems
to be no longer any icon that turns orange when there are updates.
Can I bring that icon up on the native suse panel or is there some other
way to be aware of and install updates?

Thanks.

The engine behind the updater is packagekit, there are kde and gnome
frontends for it. Just do a default search in yast2 software manager for
packagekit and it will show you the gnome and kde interfaces.
Regards
Dave P