Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:01:24 +0000

Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Sunday January 25 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Sunday January 25 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Sunday January 25 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Sunday January 25 2009, G T Smith wrote:

Doesnt the gnome-appearance-properties application control
this? At least that is what is called when I need to change
gnome settings in Enlightenment. ...
That appears to reside in the gnome-appearance-properties
package. Installing it entails rather more dependencies than its
KDE4 counterpart, but I'll risk it (FML...).
(I meant "FLW": Famous Last Words)
And now it begins...

My screen saver has been messed up. The specific screen saver has
changed, DPMS no longer kicks in, though KPowersave says DPMS is
enabled and when I view the screen-saver configuration, no screen
savers at all are listed.

Oh, joy.

I removed most of the packages that were installed by installing
gnome-appearance-properties. My screen saver list has returned, as has
its proper (configured) behavior.

I knew that was going to be trouble...

Randall Schulz

Hmm... the thing does have a couple of oddities... (I have to autoload
it at the beginning of every session to ensure the theme and fonts are
loaded, but I suspect that is was an Enlightenment/Machine specific quirk).

However, I have only ever used it for font and theme management and
little else. The default screen saver manager at the moment for the
Gnome config is XScreenSaver and I see a full list in that. However, I
no longer use KDE and nothing is configured on that side, so any
KDE/Gnome interaction would not me noticed by me.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup