Re: [opensuse] Update notification/install with default Suse Window manager
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 04:10:04 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2009-01-26 at 03:57 +0100, Dave Feustel wrote:

Yes, you removed kde. AFAIK, only kde and gnome have the updater applet.
You are using something else (what it is, is unknown), and thus, there is
no applet. You will have to guess when there is something to update, and
do it manually.

I can do that. But I'm surprised that Suse does not have an updater applet
for its own desktop (which I already like).

It's not "their own" desktop, even if they put their logo on it. You are confused. There is not even such thing as a default desktop.

Just search for an about box or something and get a name for that desktop. Or get a process listing via 'ps afx'.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.