Re: [opensuse] Update notification/install with default Suse Window manager
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 03:58:15 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-01-25 at 20:00 -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:

Quoting Constantinos Maltezos <>:
[snip]
The problem is that you removed your desktop. Desktops (with panels) are
provided by Gnome, KDE, xfce and the Rox Filer (though I don't think that one
handles system tray icons, but I could be wrong). IceWM is a lightweight
window manager that provides a panel, though I'm not sure it handles system
tray icons, either. But it's worth a try.

Any of the window managers that support a dock can use stalonetray (Stand
alone tray) which can contain tray icons. I use it with Blackbox with the
Kwallet and KnetworkManager icons.

... both of which require kde libs, which he removed.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.