Re: [opensuse] Update notification/install with default Suse Window manager
  • From: "Jeffrey L. Taylor" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:00:07 -0600
Quoting Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson@xxxxxxxxx>:
[snip]
The problem is that you removed your desktop. Desktops (with panels) are
provided by Gnome, KDE, xfce and the Rox Filer (though I don't think that one
handles system tray icons, but I could be wrong). IceWM is a lightweight
window manager that provides a panel, though I'm not sure it handles system
tray icons, either. But it's worth a try.

Any of the window managers that support a dock can use stalonetray (Stand
alone tray) which can contain tray icons. I use it with Blackbox with the
Kwallet and KnetworkManager icons.

HTH,
Jeffrey