Re: [opensuse] Remove all kde code from s11
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 02:17:52 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2009-01-26 at 01:05 +0100, Anders Johansson wrote:

Having the bios report checksum errors at boot time.

Being unable to enter the bios by pressing delete during boot up.

These two have nothing at all to do with the OS, and only indicates that you
have hardware problems. I don't know which BIOS you have, but I would bet that
the checksum errors come from memory tests, and indicate that you have
problems with bad RAM

It can be the cmos checksum test, and usually means a low cmos battery.

The BIOS tests run long before any software from the OS gets loaded (even
before the boot loader is touched) and cannot be caused by any bug there.

Absolutely.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.