Re: [opensuse] off-list messages
  • From: Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:16:58 -0600
On Sunday 25 January 2009 6:55:51 pm Jerry Houston wrote:
On Sunday 25 January 2009 16:33:41 Constantinos Maltezos wrote:
I sent a couple of replies to - I thought - the mailing list, but not
seeing them show up, I went to look in my sent folder and it appears that
when I hit the "r" key on my keyboard, it sent them to individuals rather
than the list. If anyone has received an off-list reply from me, I
apologize for that. I have no idea what happened there.

It's not you, it's your email client. Some handle list headers properly,
and some don't.

When I used Thunderbird, I had to either "reply all" and remove the private
address, or "reply" and then type in the list address. Using KMail (which
I recommend highly, by the way), when I reply to a list message, it goes to
the list. If I reply to a private message, it goes to the private address.

That's what I'm used to. I use KMail and just now, to respond to this, I hit
"r". And it worked. I think this is like in the movies where they try to
trick someone into going crazy and my software is conspiring against me.