Re: [opensuse] Update notification/install with default Suse Window manager
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:16:57 +1100
Dave Feustel wrote:
Well, I have removed both the kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 and rebooted. After
a reboot and login I have the default Suse window manager. There seems
to be no longer any icon that turns orange when there are updates.
Can I bring that icon up on the native suse panel or is there some other
way to be aware of and install updates?

Thanks.

The icon is an applet and should be found in
Launcher>Applications>System>Desktop Applets>kupdateapplet.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the