Re: [opensuse] Update notification/install with default Suse Window manager
  • From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:31:12 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 05:54:52PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-25-09 17:07]:
Well, I have removed both the kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 and rebooted. After
a reboot and login I have the default Suse window manager. There seems
to be no longer any icon that turns orange when there are updates.
Can I bring that icon up on the native suse panel or is there some other
way to be aware of and install updates?

yast2, zypper, smart, apt manual download and rpm

I know about yast2 and zypper. What are smart and apt?
What I would like to do is run on the suse desktop the app that displays
the little green/orange icon on the desktop.