Re: [opensuse] Remove all kde code from s11
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:29:43 -0600
On Sunday 25 January 2009 11:09:14 am Dave Feustel wrote:
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 01:10:55PM -0300, Cristian Rodr?guez wrote:
Dave Feustel escribi�:
that there are security problems
introduced by the presence of kde code.

What security issues ?

I am the sole user of my computers. I run a very small set of programs.
When things don't work normally (particularly in the browser), I suspect
security problems. Without going into detail, a lot less of that is
happening on Fedora since I deleted the kde code.

Hi Dave,

I would like to rephrase the question:
"Can you give few examples of things that work different, not normal, from
what you expect."

I would like to know more details.

KDE just as any other desktop has some common workflow to all desktops, but it
has it's own features. Telling that those features present, in your opinion,
possible security problems, and keeping details for yourself is not
considered ethical in opensource community, but sharing your concerns, with
necessary details that will allow others to discuss them, is welcome.

For instance:
What desktop you are using to run Firefox?
Why that desktop is in your opinion better?
What particular features you don't like?
What events you consider as sign of security problems?

--
Regards, Rajko