Re: [opensuse] Wireless question with kde
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:55:13 -0500
Kai Ponte wrote:
Low Kian Seong wrote:

Available because I have added it previously, the scenario here is
when I am at say a public location and they have 10 ssids which I have
not previously added manually to knetworkmanager. It will not list it.

Ahh, okay.

That would seem like a bug. I often use my laptops in airports and
expect to have all AP's listed.

Is this a change from previous versions of KNetworkmanager?

I was last at an airport about a month ago and used it just fine.

In previous versions, you could see all the networks. Someone here
tried to claim the new way was an improvement, because you don't want to
see all the networks in the vicinity. My question is how does it know
which ones *I* want to connect to, if I don't have the opportunity to
see them.