[opensuse] How do i make samba NOT display system name?
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:42:40 +0100
It probably has been up before, but i cant find any good clues on this:

I have a samba server acting as a PDC on my home domain.
It works as intended, using ldap for authentication, home folders etc.
But i cant for my life make it NOT diplay the whole
"user on 'Samba 3.0.24-2.23-1296-SUSE-CODE10 (arachnia)' " string on my
mappings. I want it just to show the machine name (arachnia)

If i browse the network it shows "arachina Server (Arachina)"

Where shall i edit what?

--

/Rikard Johnels