Re: [opensuse] grub and the march of the penguins
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:37:39 +0100
On Sunday 25 January 2009 22:07, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:03:58PM +0100, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
When I boot the pc, I have noticed that I don't always get the same
background in Grub.

Most of the times it's a standard opensuse green background, a bit
boring but with stylish gradients.

But sometimes I get cute little animated pinguins in an antarctic
landscape. It looks like a level from pingus (you know, the lemmings
clone).

After reading menu.lst, I think that gfxmenu is taking care of the
background. I'm curious why it isn't always the same.

Because its not always Winter or Christmas ;) It is a date dependend
easter egg.

Ciao, Marcus

Arent they cute? :)
You can "cheat" grub to always display it.
Its been on this list a few times.
Make a search for it...

--

/Rikard Johnels