Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:03:18 -0500
On 2009/01/25 11:08 (GMT+0100) Sven Burmeister composed:

Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 01:10:42 schrieb Felix Miata:

Looks like if Cooker works like 11.1, the answer you want, as long as you
don't want to install enough of KDE4 to have a /usr/bin/systemsettings to
run, is to in ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals change from SingleClick=true
to SingleClick=false.

Please quote me, if I said anything different. If you do not want to use kde4
apps, you can install the kde3 apps, which he did not do, although he can do
it, as he said himself.

Those two sentences have not one thing to do with anything I wrote in this
thread.

So, if you read http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2009-01/msg04032.html , I
gave him the answer you lined out in your email,

Actually your answer is in
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2009-01/msg04030.html . Above you quoted
his reply to your response.

i.e. you need systemsettings to change the behaviour.

Actually that's false, as you agreed in
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2009-01/msg04102.html in response to
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2009-01/msg04094.html which is a
duplication of my Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:10:42 -0500 thread reply from nearly 9
hours previous that you quote above. What one can do by direct editing of a
config file negates a requirement for an application (systemsettings in this
case) that performs the same task.

So, in order to change it, you have to install kde4,
i.e. kdebase4. If you do not want to change it or do not want to use the
apps,
you have to install the kde3 apps.

PS - I think Sven probably owes an apology to Randall about his responses
in this thread.

Sure, if you can quote me telling him that he wanted to install KDE4 apps or
in case he does not know how to install kde3 apps. None of which is true.

The apology would be about:

1-your subsequent insistence that systemsettings is a requirement, since
systemsettings is merely a member of a set constituted of more than one member
2-your attitude, as reflected in and by your many unhelpful subsequent thread
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/