Re: [opensuse] Remove all kde code from s11
  • From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:39:07 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 06:22:15PM +0100, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Sunday 25 January 2009 18:04:21 Dave Feustel wrote:
No non-standard repositories as far as I know (What's a non-standard
repository?).

A repository from some third-party source, or the Open Build Service.
Basically any package source which does not contain the original distribution.

If you don't have that, then I can't say what happened on your system,
without
knowing which packages were installed

Oh, and about the "security" bugs: that is not helpful. If you don't keep
separate security bugs from normal non-security relevant bugs, you are going
to end up wasting a lot of time.

Since I eliminated the kde 3/4 stuff, I haven't had anything happen that I
needed
even to investigate, much less report, so I am now saving a lot of time.

If you do suspect an actual security problem, you should report it. We don't
want to leave that kind of thing unchecked.

Actually, you should report normal bugs as well, but with security bugs it's
extra important that it gets dealt with as soon as possible.

Anders