Re: [opensuse] Remove all kde code from s11
  • From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:03:31 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:54:33PM -0300, Cristian Rodr?guez wrote:
Dave Feustel escribió:

Thanks for the howto! I have been running Fedora 9 with all kde code
removed and Fedora 9 runs 'better' for me that way.

That does not make sense... why you think it runs better ?

It is my completely unprovable opinion (as a result of running kde 3/4
on 4 platforms for several years) that there are security problems
introduced by the presence of kde code. I removed the kde code from
Fedora 9 and most, if not all, of the problems that I had been having
stopped happening (AFAICT). That's it. And of course the Disk/memory
footprint got somewhat smaller. That will be useful when I finally get
a Linux netbook running either Fedora or Suse.