Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:26:45 -0800
On Sunday January 25 2009, Constantinos Maltezos wrote:
On Saturday 24 January 2009 9:25:54 am Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

Now that I'm running openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 3.5, I am also
occasionally running KDE 4.1 applications (all of which were
installed without any express request on my part, presumably as
part of some dependency or pattern). KDE 4.1 applications have
their own file save dialogs and these dialogs are defaulting to
single-click navigation, which I dislike.

How / where can I change this KDE 4.1 option?

Wow. What a hullabaloo you've gotten as a response.

I suppose I should not have let my frustration show in the fist place
(not the question, but that flip response to Sven a few messages into
the thread.)

Try this:

Create or edit the file ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals

Look for or create a section that starts with [KDE] on a single line
by itself. Edit or add the following line:

SingleClick=false

That should do it.

I'd have probably gone for this had it turned up sooner. I looked at
that file just now, and unfortunately it seems it includes only those
settings that are not at default values. On my system at the moment
there are only 29 lines and 22 parameter settings in three sections
([Emoticons], [KDE] and [KFileDialog Settings]) in that file. That
makes it not at all "self-documenting".

Perhaps (if I get bored at some point) I'll go looking for a list of the
settings that are understood in that file and what they do and what
values they may hold.

Randall Schulz