Re: [opensuse] plasmoids and compiz-fusion
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:42:27 -0700
On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 11:27 +0100, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 03:21:57 schrieb Teruel de Campo MD:
Q is there a way to keep an open plasmoid only in one side of the cube?

I use plasmoids but I do not want to have a plasmoid open in every side
of the polyhedron. Some are OK like Lancelot Launcher etc but it should
be a way where we can choose it. For example using compiz and Emerald I
have a button on the title bar that allows me to have the application in
one or in all the sides. This is a very useful feature. OTOH suppose you
load the plasmoid dictionary why do I want the dictionary open in every
side?

If I am not mistaken, the sides of the cube are the virtual desktops. If so,
there is no way to have plasmoids only on one side, since all virtual
desktops
share one plasma layer.

The only way to have different plasma layers is to create activities, i.e. in
KDE 4.2, zoom out the desktop and add an activity. However, if you switch to
it, the cube should have that activitiy on all 4 sides.

So I guess the short answer is: No.

Sven

That's the conclusion I got after trying everything I could find. This
will limit the use of plasmoids on the 3D desktop. It undermines the
huge potential of kde4 (imho). Activities are great but of course aimed
at a different type of use.
The present use of plasmoid will pollute very fast the desktop so only
some of them will have a place.
Thxs Sven.

-=terry=-