Re: [opensuse] plasmoids and compiz-fusion
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:27:18 +0100
Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 03:21:57 schrieb Teruel de Campo MD:
Q is there a way to keep an open plasmoid only in one side of the cube?

I use plasmoids but I do not want to have a plasmoid open in every side
of the polyhedron. Some are OK like Lancelot Launcher etc but it should
be a way where we can choose it. For example using compiz and Emerald I
have a button on the title bar that allows me to have the application in
one or in all the sides. This is a very useful feature. OTOH suppose you
load the plasmoid dictionary why do I want the dictionary open in every
side?

If I am not mistaken, the sides of the cube are the virtual desktops. If so,
there is no way to have plasmoids only on one side, since all virtual desktops
share one plasma layer.

The only way to have different plasma layers is to create activities, i.e. in
KDE 4.2, zoom out the desktop and add an activity. However, if you switch to
it, the cube should have that activitiy on all 4 sides.

So I guess the short answer is: No.

Sven