Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:15:54 +0100

Why would I thank a non-answer that came _after_ a correct answer?

So the irony in the end is that when I went back to see who it was that
gave me the correct answer to my question it turns out it was you,
Sven.

I thank you for that.

No problem, in the end it was you that answered your own mail regarding "I do
not want to install KDE4" in:

the same way I did. You have to install it, if you want to change it.

What I derived from that was: he wants to change it and did not install the
kde3 equivalent although he knows how to do it. Hence he wants to use it. Thus
he has to install kde4 (kdebase4), since otherwise there is no double-click
for the kde4 apps he wants to use.

I hope this thread really comes to an end, since people keep repeating the
same allegations without being able to quote me on them.

The only wrong assumptions I may have done, was that you want to use kde4
apps, since you did not install their kde3 counterpart but asked how to change
the kde4 apps' behaviour. I never assumed you wanted to install KDE4 or those
apps, but only pointed out that if you want to use them with double-click, you
have to install KDE4.

Sven