Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:25:10 -0800
On Saturday January 24 2009, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Saturday, 2009-01-24 at 07:25 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Now that I'm running openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 3.5, I am also
occasionally running KDE 4.1 applications (all of which were
installed without any express request on my part, presumably as
part of some dependency or pattern).

I know that your question has been answered, but I have an idea.

It is possible that you have the same app installed in the kde4 and
kde3 versions, but the kde4 is first in the path. I know this happens
in 11.0, where if call "konqueror" I get the 4 version, and to get
the kde3 version I have to explicitly call "/opt/kde3/bin/konqueror".

In fact, this is so. I have two versions of Akregator. Since I
had "issues" with Akregator 3.5 in my previous SuSE Linux 10.0 system,
I figured I'd give the 4.1 version a try on my openSUSE 11.1
installation. But I really don't like having a single click on a folder
in a file-save dialog take me into that directory, so I asked about how
I could change that option.

Installing kdebase4-workspace supplied the "systemsettings" application
I needed to change the "Single-click to open files and folders" option
to my preferred "Double-click to open files and folders."

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Randall Schulz