Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:04:20 +0100
Am Samstag, 24. Januar 2009 23:33:31 schrieb Randall R Schulz:
I can distinguish them just fine. You're not going to get out of this by
claiming that I didn't say what I meant to say or that I read your
words incorrectly. The fact is that you replied without paying
attention to the context that had already transpired. It is indeed "too
bad" that you did that, but I'm not at fault here.

No need to. I stated: if you want to "use" and never if you want to "install",
so unless you can quote me differently, I do not see why I did not pay
attention. And to repeat myself again: Logic tells that if you do not want to
use something and know a way to avoid it by installing the kde3 app, you do
not ask questions about it. If you cannot follow that, we are indeed thinking
differently about what logic is.

Please just admit you fired off an answer based on an incomplete reading
of a thread. And it is not the case that this thread was long and
drawn-out. Your non-sequitur reply came only three hours and six
minutes after my original posting.

Please enable threading in your mail-client, then you know what mail I
answered. If that still does not help I can't either, sorry. You wanted to use
kde4 apps and have them work with double-click, I told you that if you want to
do so, you have to install KDE4. Whether you wanted to install that KDE4 app
is irrelevant because I never stated that you did so. I only assumed that you
wanted to use it, since you asked about it and did not just install the KDE3
app.

I know, I am repeating myself, which is why I'm going to stop pointing out the
obvious, being that you and your colleague simply assumed that by me telling
you to install KDE4 if you want to use KDE4 apps, was saying that you wanted
to install KDE4 in the first place. I hope you get it now.

I may quote myself:
"If you want to use KDE4 and/or its apps, you have to install it and it will
obey the KDE4 settings." A simple if-clause with "use" in the first bit and
"install" in the second.

BTW, you're welcome for the hint I gave you on systemsettings. A simple
"thanks" would have been enough. And no, you cannot change the "Thanks" from
your other reply into anything but refering to future answers regarding your
Gnome issue.

Sven