Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:10:04 -0800
On Saturday January 24 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Saturday January 24 2009, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Samstag, 24. Januar 2009 16:53:16 schrieb Randall R Schulz:
That only pertains to KDE 3.5 applications, and I've already
changed that (right after the first time I clicked a desktop icon
on the newly installed system...)

If you want to configure KDE4, use systemsettings. If you did not
mess with the KDEHOME variable, systemsettings only writes into
.kde4 while you run KDE4.

There's no such program on my system. That appears to be supplied by
the package kdebase4-workspace. Installing that entails the
installation of 10 dependent packages.

I guess I'll give it a try and hope it doesn't undermine anything
else about my installation.

OK. That didn't seem to upset the applecart (so far).

Perhaps I can revisit the old question to which I never got an answer:
What's the Gnome counterpart to the KDE4 control panel / system
settings / preferences? I need to fine-tune some of the font settings
that are being inherited by some GTK-based applications.

Thanks.

Randall Schulz