Re: [opensuse] Should I go 64-bit?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:20:41 -0800
On Friday January 23 2009, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Friday 23 January 2009 16:07:01 Per Jessen wrote:
Randall Schulz said it very eloquently:

"The question is in fact whether there's any reason to use a 64-bit
OS."

He /can/ be eloquent, can't he!

On occasion, perhaps.

But he really does place his commas deliberately, even if somewhat
Clemensesquely... (Twain was known for his over-the-top use of commas.)

(Hi All! I'm back from Pluto... he he)

What's it like? Has word reached its denizens that they no longer live
on a planet?

Are you saying I should now downgrade my 11.1 installation to the
32-bit version? I waited *forever* to upgrade my increasingly cranky
previous system and when I took the plunge, I installed the 'native'
64-bit flavor!

Well, I know someone who has made it a habit of re-installing every time
something fails to suit his tastes and exceeds his ability to rectify
the situation, but it's not something I can recommend. I counted it as
a good transition when it took only a week to get my 11.1 installation
the way I like it. If past is prolog, the next time I install a new OS
on this system, it'll be openSUSE 13.0.

regards,

Carl

Randall Schulz