Re: [opensuse] mdadm keeps breaking my array
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:06:42 +0100
On 2009-01-23T20:23:27, Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually, what I forgot to mention, is the two drives are attached to a
PCI SATA-RAID controller card. I rebooted the computer after posting my
last message, and on entering the card's setup, it appears the card has
also got these drives setup as a RAID1 array (I must have set this up
myself, sometime. Probably in a previous computer). I destroyed this
array, so the two drives are independent at this level, and rebooted.

This time, mdadm --manage is rebuilding the array again. After 90 minutes,
it's showing

The kernel/md is not kicking the drive out of the array without a
reason, and not without an error message. Check your logs as to what the
reason is.

Regards,
Lars