Re: [opensuse] Should I go 64-bit?
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:19:32 +0200
I've just switched from 11.1 32 bit to 64 bit and these are my initial
observations :- the nvidia run package visibly compiles at what seems to
be twice the speed so I should imagine compiling a kernel would also be
considerably faster and K3b completes an md5 sum calculation of a dvd
iso about 30% faster. My cpu's (a celeron dual core 64 bit) cores are
running cooler. I should imagine that video processing would be
considerably faster too but I have yet to try.
Regards
Dave P