Re: [opensuse] Firefox not starting after 11.1 install
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:14:32 +0200
Dave Plater wrote:
Randall R Schulz wrote:

On Thursday January 22 2009, Dave Plater wrote:

Thanks all, I couldn't find the lockfile but deleting the entire
contents of the ~/.mozilla/firefox directory and logging out and in
again sorted it out. Now all I have to do is retrieve my bookmarks
from backup.

In the future, just move the directory away from the place that makes it
special, don't actually eradicate it!

Regards
Dave P

Randall Schulz

I think firefox was running when I backed up the home directory. I'm
going to try restoring it with firefox running and see what happens.
Regards
Dave P

Success, I restored ~/.mozilla/firefox with firefox running and I've got
all my addons, bookmarks etc restored as well after restarting firefox.
The moral of the story :- don't backup home directory with firefox running.
Regards
Dave P