Re: [opensuse] Should I go 64-bit?
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:46:45 -0500
James Knott wrote:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
David Bolt wrote:

So, given that I don't have a problem yet you're saying not to do it,
I'm really curious as to just what issue(s) you found while running a
64bit OS?

Editing LARGE pics. in Gimp will give you an idea of how much better a
64-bit release is over 32-it. There are other examples, but your logic
is sound.....use it!

Fred

And of course, you can work on really large files with vi. ;-)

Hehehehehehehe......if anyone was going to say that, it'd be you or
maybe that whacked out Aussie, Basil! ;)

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."