Re: [opensuse] openSuSE oss-src repositories - What URL to use?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 04:13:39 +0100
On Friday 23 January 2009 03:42:26 David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

I would like to add the oss-src repository, but adding the repository
directory results in an error: no /content file found. I'm using the
following:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/src-oss/

I have also tried using:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/src-oss/suse/

since that is where the /repodata directory is, but with the same
results.

Can the src repository be added? I have been able to with 10.3, but for
some reason it is a no go in 11.0.

zypper sa -t rpm-md http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/src-
oss/suse/ sources

After that you can install source packages and their dependencies with

zypper si <package name>

e.g.

zypper si gtk2

will install the gtk2 source package, along with all dependencies needed to
build it

Anders