RE: [opensuse] Should I go 64-bit?
  • From: "Adam Sailer" <ASailer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:22:26 -0800
I went 64-bit.

Everything is working *as well* as the 32 bit ver of 11.1 - That said, I'm
noticing some of the same problems that I was having with the 32-bit version:

Compiz screen refresh issue - from some of the other forums, I think this is
an Nvidia driver issue. Sometimes *frequently* window contents don't
update/refresh until I move the window/resize, etc. Any ideas on this?

Hard lock after about an hour. This *may* be related to the issue above.
After about an hour of use, the gui locks hard - can't ctrl-alt-backspace or
ctrl-alt-f1. Can only reboot. Next time it happens I'll try to ssh into it
and see if I can see anything weird.

Thank you,

Adam