Re: [opensuse] Firefox not starting after 11.1 install
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:01:20 +0200
Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Thursday January 22 2009, Dave Plater wrote:

Hi, I've just installed 11.1 64 bit and cannot start firefox as user,
I get a message saying firefox is already running but ps -AF doesn't
show any instances running. Anybody know whats happening? It starts
as root. Regards
Dave P

If you continue experience difficulty, you should look in
~/.xsession-errors for diagnostics produced by Firefox while running.

Alternately, you can run Firefox from a shell rather than a desktop icon
or the launch menu. If you do that, you'll see any diagnostic output it
produces in the terminal emulator window from which you launch it.

Randall Schulz

Thanks all, I couldn't find the lockfile but deleting the entire
contents of the ~/.mozilla/firefox directory and logging out and in
again sorted it out. Now all I have to do is retrieve my bookmarks from
backup.
Regards
Dave P