Re: [opensuse] Firefox not starting after 11.1 install
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:02:01 -0800
On Thursday January 22 2009, Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, I've just installed 11.1 64 bit and cannot start firefox as user,
I get a message saying firefox is already running but ps -AF doesn't
show any instances running. Anybody know whats happening? It starts
as root. Regards
Dave P

If you continue experience difficulty, you should look in
~/.xsession-errors for diagnostics produced by Firefox while running.

Alternately, you can run Firefox from a shell rather than a desktop icon
or the launch menu. If you do that, you'll see any diagnostic output it
produces in the terminal emulator window from which you launch it.

Randall Schulz