Re: [opensuse] Firefox not starting after 11.1 install
  • From: Don Raboud <don.raboud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:01:27 -0700
On Thursday 22 January 2009 08:46:46 am Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, I've just installed 11.1 64 bit and cannot start firefox as user, I
get a message saying firefox is already running but ps -AF doesn't show
any instances running. Anybody know whats happening? It starts as root.

Not sure it is relevant, but Firefox can produce that message even when it is
not running. For example, if you try to start with a specific profile that
is currently unavailable (say it was stored on a network drive that is
currently unmounted). I'm not sure what other conditions might cause this.

Not sure this helps you, but maybe firefox isn't actually running.

--
Don