Re: [opensuse] Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:32:14 +0200
Joe Morris wrote:
On 01/22/2009 06:40 PM, Dave Plater wrote:

Hi, I'm about to reinstall 11.1 in 64 bit version, are there any known
problems ie. if I backup my home will I still have my emails etc when I
restore it to 64 bit 11.1?
Regards
Dave P

Yes. If you have home on a separate partition, it should work without
needing to restore. If you don't have home on a separate partition, I
would make it, copy the stuff over, change to using it and verify it all
worked, then reinstall.

Thanks, I've already backed up my home and other things, about to start
now, wish me luck.
Regards
Dave P