Re: [opensuse] Recomended display resolution/DPI
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:32:12 -0600
On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx> wrote about 'Re:
[opensuse] Recomended display resolution/DPI':
On 2009/01/21 22:14 (GMT-0600) Xavier Callejas composed:
It's OK that my system has 129 dpi?

Theoretically, absolutely yes. In practice, more likely no than yes, but
without a clear winner.

Yeah, I still sometimes experience problems with UIs assuming 96 dpi, but
it is actually getting rarer as high dpi devices get more common place.
(IIRC, Some phones have 300+ dpi).

Witch resolutions is better, 96, 120, or 129?

That depends on your eyes and personal preference. If you have excellent
eyes, likely you'll be happiest at 96. Those with weaker eyes probably
will prefer 120 or 129.

I'm known for using what others call "absurdly" small text, so I prefer my
DPI to be as high as possible. The higher the DPI, the smaller I can make
my text and still tell O v. 0 v. Q v. @ and I v. | v. 1 v. ! v. l. It
also helps to have a good font, and I find Bitstream Vera quite
acceptable.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))