[opensuse] Where has SSE gone
  • From: Oszkó Albert <oszko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:19:58 +0100

Dear listmates,

As I wrote earlier, I tried to install 11.1, with little success: it has
worked only for 2 bootup, then it died complaining of not being able to
start ksm server in KDE 4.1. However, I can start KDE 3.5, but all kinds
of multimedia things give the following error when I start them from a
konsole:

NVIDIA OpenGL Driver requires CPUs with SSE to run.

The current CPU does not support SSE.

Before installation mplayer, amarok, kaffeine etc all worked (except
streaming video). Where has SSE support gone? Nothing has changed in the
hardware config: AMD Athlon 900 Mhz CPU, Nvidia Geforce 6200 video card.

In addition, sysinfo, kinfocenter do not work, konqueror dies with
sigsegv when trying to startsome multimedia with it.

Any hints?

Thanks: OszkoA