[opensuse] ttyUSB1 disappeared?
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:25:09 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I've been using JPilot to sync my palm device for a while and it's worked quite
happily with a connection to /dev/ttyUSB1

There was an update this morning (to bind, so I suspect it's irrelevant) but no
other changes I'm aware of. However, today, nothing will sync, and my
/dev/ttyUSB1 device has vanished. Neither it, nor any other likely looking
device (e.g. ttyUSB3) shows up when I put the palm device into hotsync mode.

Ive restarted my system, and I've reset the palm device, but to no avail.

Any ideas? Any ideas how I can debug this even? I don't know where the messages
should be, or how to find out if the USB device is being recognized.

Sigh, seems to be a bad week for me and computing devices,

TIA for any help or encouragement...
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz